1898 – Design for Library, Lewisham, London

Architect: Best & Callon



Unbuilt design for public library. “This design was placed first in the recent competition by the assessor, Mr. Mountford, and has been adopted by the committee. The building is in red brick with stone dressings, and roofed with Westmoreland slates. The heating to be effected by low pressure hot water, and the ventilation by induced current. Messrs. Best and Callon are the architects.” Published in The Building News, September 2 1898.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com