1898 – Friar St., Reading, Berkshire

Architect: Millar & Nasmyth

0006

“This building, now in course of erection, is the Friar-street front of A. H. Bull’s (Limited) extensive premises in Reading, which occupies a site extending from Broad-street to Friar-street, and when completed will form an arcade through a well-lighted shop from one street to the other. The upper floors are planned for the accommodation of assistants. The front consists of silver- grey bricks and Bath stone ; the shop-front is of red and grey granite, and the roof is covered with Westmoreland green slates. The contract is let to Mr. Margetts, of Reading, and the architects are Messrs. Millar and Nasmyth, of Reading and Oxford.” Published in The Building News, April 8, 1898

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com