Architect: Booth, Chadwick & Porter
“This residence, as well as the stables adjoining, have been built for Mr. E.C. Minchin, of Emell Castle, King’s County, Ireland. They are constructed of buff-coloured bricks, with terracotta moulded cornices and string courses, and command an extensive view towards the south up the beautiful Nant-y-glyn Valley and also of the sea to the west. The buildings, boundary walls, and entrance gates have been carried out from the designs and under the superintendence of Messrs. Booth, Chadwick, and Porter, architects, of Colwyn Bay and Manchester.” Published in The Building News, September 9 1898.