“This building is to be erected on a site adjoining the public baths. It is to be in red brick, with terracotta dressings, the roof covered with Westmoreland slates. The accommodation has been somewhat increased since the design was selected in competition, and our illustration shows the building in its revised form. The tower, also, was an addition desired by the committee. The building will be warmed by low-pressure radiators, and the exhaust ventilation will be induced by steam coils in special chambers on the trunks. The architects are Messrs. Best & Callon, of Westminster, S.W.” Published in The Building News, September 2 1898.