“Thisis a group of seven cottages, inclosing throe sides of a quadrangle. The treatment is exceedingly simple with rows of wooden casement windows and with rough-aiat walls above a plinth of red brick. The rooms are more ample in their accommodation than in the majority of cottages, and each house has the exceptional luxury of a bathroom, which Messrs. Lever Bros, wish provided for all their tenants. Messrs. Ernest George & Yeates are the architects of this block.” Published in The Building News, January 13 1899.