“The site is in the best part of a residential neighbourhood. The building contains eight bedrooms, dressing-room, bathroom, linen closet, two w.c.’s, three reception-rooms, and usual offices ; also wine, beer, and coal cellars. There is also a large billiard-room opening out on to the garden level. On the west side is a conservatory extending the whole length of house. It is built in red and grey brick, with white moulded brick and Bath stone dressings. The architect is Mr. W.G.A. Hambling, Reading, and the builder is Mr. W. Stokes, Queen’s-road, Reading.” Published in The Building News, January 6 1899.