1899 – Welsh Congregational Church, Bootle, Lancashire
“This church has recently been completed at a cost of 11,000, including all fitments, heating, and ventilating. The seating accommodation is for 4OO persons, and a schoolroom attached for 150 more, making a total of 4S0. The school-rooms and church can bo (where and when occasion requires) turned into one by means of a revolving division. The seats are of pitch-pine, the windows of leaded quarry glass, the walls of brick with stone dressings, roofs covered with slates : there is also a caretaker’s house of seven rooms. The contractor was Mr. Geo. E. .Tohnson, of Bootle, and the architect Mr. Owen Roberts, of Moorfields, Liverpool.” Published in The Building News.