Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1901 – Passmore Edwards Library, Bow, London

Tweet about this on Twitter3Share on Facebook3Share on Google+3Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: S.B. Russell

0009

Largely completed as illustrated, although some of the more decorative elements such as the plaque on the gable and the cupola were never finished. “This building is in the Roman-road, Bow, opposite the public baths, on a comer site measuring 72ft. Gin. by 35ft., and is intended to serve as a branch library in the Poplar borough . For the protection of the building a high salt-glazed brick base is provided, the materials above being Portland stone and red bricks. The construction throughout_ is fire-resisting. Messrs. Kingerley and Sons, of Oxford, have erected the- building, at a cost of about 11,000, from the designs and under the superintendence of Mr. S. B. Russell, architect, 11, Gray’s Inn-square, W.C.”

Tweet about this on Twitter3Share on Facebook3Share on Google+3Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1864 – Tinode House, Blessington, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Caldbeck Tinode House was burned to the ground in 1922 by the IRA, and has since been partially...

Close