Country House. 1904-1905 by Edmund Wimperis and Best, architects, for Mrs E.W. Birkbeck. Finished externally in English bond red brick, rubbed brick and Ancaster stone dressings, with red Broseley tiled roofs. In style of c.1714, “largely influenced by the owners wish to reproduce the design and character of an existing Georgian house in the same county”. Published in The Builder, February 10 1906.