1908 – Central Presbyterian Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: John M. Lyle

0017

0017

Constructed in 1908 after fire destroyed their previous building – John M. Lyle, the architect, was the son of the minister of the time. Lyle was responsible for Toronto’s Royal Alexandra Theatre, the Runnymede branch of the Toronto Public Library amongst many other well-known buildings in the region. Lyle’s design for the building was influenced by the Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London and the Congregational Church of Naugatuck, Connecticut, and is unusual in having a flat roof.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com