1910 – Tassagh Viaduct, Keady, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker


11-arched viaduct in masonry and concrete for the Castleblayney, Keady & Armagh Railway Co., constructed in 1910 to provide a link between Armagh and the County Monaghan town of Castleblayney. However with partition in 1922, the costly necessity of customs inspections forced the line beyond Keady to close in 1923. The line to Keady eventually suffered the same fate, closing in 1932 after just 22 years.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com