1910 – Ulster Dairy School, Loughry, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William A. Scott


Founded in 1910 as the Ulster Dairy School, and now part of the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. The college took over the Loughry Manor estate, constructed new buildings and utilising existing buildings. Scott’s work at Loughry can be seen as an earlier version of his building for St. Mary’s College in Galway – specifically the simplified forms of the end towers.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com