Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1913 – Fitzgerald Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood


Formerly Earth Sciences Building, and later the School of Art. The building is named after one of Canada’s leading painters Lionel Lemoine Fitzgerald, who exhibited with the Group of Seven, and founded the Winnipeg School of Art. Slightly oddly proportioned facade with unusual central bay treatment.

Read previous post:
1959 – John A. Russell Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Smith Carter Katelnikoff Named after John A. Russell who taught at the University for 38 years and was named...