Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1915 – Lloyds Bank, Manchester

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Charles Heathcote & Sons

0003

The grand baroque Lloyd’s Bank is one of the the most imposing banks in Manchester. In a fine corner setting, this huge banking hall was completed in 1915 in highly ornamented Portland stone with exterior carvings and decorations by Earp, Hobbs & Miller. The exterior is a forest of columns, open pediments, rusticated chimneys and a rusticated ground floor. Grade II listed.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1910 – Design for Manchester Art Gallery

Architect: Warwick & Hall Ever since Manchester Corporation first took over the City Art Gallery in 1882 there have been...

Close