1915 – Museum of Fine Arts, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: McKim, Mead & White


Built on land donated by the Morrison family formerly occupied by their Villa Rosa mansion, the museum by McKim, Mead & White is one of the finest examples of the Beaux-Arts architectural style in Minnesota. The building was originally meant to be the first of several sections but only this front block was ultimately built; several additions have subsequently been built according to other plans, including a 1974 addition by Kenzo Tange. An expansion designed by Michael Graves was completed in June 2006.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com