1958 – St. Paul’s College, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
Architect: Gardiner, Gath & Associates / Green Blankstein Russell Associates
St. Paul’s College was a Jesuit college, founded in 1926 by Jesuits and originally based in central Winnipeg. Designed by Vancouver practice Gardiner, Gath & Associates in conjunction with local firm Green Blankstein Russell Associates. The building includes lecture rooms, various facilities, a chapel and residences. The Chapel of Christ the King is the centre of the entire design concept for the college – both visually from a distance and in plan. A precast concrete bell tower identifies the main entrance of the college. A mosaic of “Christ the King in Glory” by Lionel Thomas on chapel’s upper facade provides colour for the buildings.