Marlborough House was a large domestic dwelling which had been used as a teacher training college. It was registered as a detention centre for up to 50 boys on 24th March 1944. For nearly 30 years children were kept in desperate conditions in this building and were abused on many levels. Closed in 1972. Demolished and replaced by the new headquarters of Met Éireann in 1975.