1780s – Glydecourt, Tallinstown, Co. Louth
A very long seventeen-bay two-storey house with attic, built c. 1780, later remodeled and extended. Originally built as a Georgian house, the house was remodeled around 1868 with curvilinear gables and gablets, and projecting bays to suit changes in fashion and taste.
It was originally home to the Vere Foster family. The Foster Baronetcy, of Glyde Court in the County of Louth, was created in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom on 30 September 1831 for the diplomat Augustus Foster. The title became extinct on the death of the fourth Baronet in 1947.
The building is now a roofless shell, with none of the original fabric remaining other than the external walls.