1825 – Loughcrew House, Co. Meath
Originally the seat of the Plunkett family, its most famous member being St Oliver Plunkett, whose church still remains today on the estate, the first Loughcrew House was built in the 1600s by the Naper family.
Subsequently destroyed by fire, the next Loughcrew House was designed by Charles Cockerel in the early 1820s for James Lenox William Naper. A lodge, lake, garden and conservatory were also designed at this time. The house was destroyed by fire in 1888 and rebuilt by Thomas N. Deane & Son.
In 1964 this house, too, was destroyed by fire and all that remains of the main house today is the now-freestandng portico.