1839 – Market House, Ederney, Co. Fermanagh
Originally constructed as a market house circa 1839 and converted into a townhall in 1889. It’s a substantial building for a small town, with fine stone walls and central archway, now containing the main entrance. The gable has a single archway at ground level surmounted by a lovely Venetian window.
Described in Lewis as ” the property of the Rev. Mr. West, who is about to erect a market-house and some good dwelling-houses.” After many years of increasing dereliction, it was restored and is now used as a community centre.
Photograph copyright of Kenneth Allen