1891 – Railway Station, Warrenpoint, Co. Down

Architect: William H. Mills

0003

Warrenpoint was heavily promoted by the Great Northern Railway as an excursion destination. They were quite successful in doing this and the town benefited from daytrippers and holidaymakers. The station was rebuilt in 1891 in the GNR house-style. As a railway terminus, the station had one platform, which was covered by a roof. The railway line was closed in 1965.