1869 – Convent Chapel, Doneraile, Co. Cork
A chapel and choir constructed to designs of George C. Ashlin to the Ursuline Convent, later Presentation Convent. The convent building was a large Georgian style house from 1820. Interior destroyed as the convent has been redeveloped. The school building at the other end of the complex has been demolished.
“Over the west entrance is an organ gallery, access to which is obtained by a staircase turret at south-west angle of building; a cloister running the south side of chapel from choir to this staircase afford the religious means of communication with the organ gallery without being necessitated to go through the chapel The roof of chapel is open timbered, stained and varnished, &c. The sacristy, situated at north-east corner, as seen by view, is 14 feet by 12 feet.”