1869 – District Lunatic Asylum, Downpatrick, Co. Down
Now known as the Downshire Hospital. “This building, of which we give an elevation and plans, was commenced in 1865, and completed in 1869, with accommodation for 150 males and 150 femailes. During the past year additions have been made to the male department, by which accommodation is afforded to 120 more, bringing up the total number to 420. Mr. Henry Smyth, Downpatrick, was the architect.” The Irish Builder, March 15 1883.