1879 – Presentation Convent, Melbourne, Australia
Designed by Cork architect Samuel F. Hynes, for the Archbishop of Melbourne. “The buildings are disposed around a court so as to be well ventilated and lighted. The right wing of the building, seen in the view, is planned for the accommodation of the Nuns of the Presentation Order. In the centre is the chapel, and the left wing is appropriated for the reception of boarders; at the rer are located the offices, &c. The architects has been very careful of the sanitary arrangements. The external facing of walls to to be of neatly hammered stone with chiselled dressings to windows, &c. The building is designed in late thirteenth century Gothic freely treated”.