1906 – Foreman’s Cottages, Talbot’s Inch, Co. Killkenny
Talbot’s Inch was designed as a ‘model village’ and built to a master plan devised by William Alphonsus Scott in the fashionable Arts-and-Crafts style of the period. It was an attempt to improve the living conditions of workers employed at the Kilkenny Woodworkers Company and the Greenvale Woollen Mills. The village consists of twenty-six houses arranged in semi-detached pairs or terraces around two sides of an open green. Each house is different, whether in size or architectural detailing.