1912 – New Princess Cinema, Newtownards Rd., Belfast
Quirky cinema building which had a windmill tower on the main facade. It is unknown if windmill sails were every constructed although he architect’s drawings show a set attached. The cinema had a capacity of 800 and had a 30 feet wide proscenium and stage. Closed circa 1960. In the early 1970s it was a Stewart’s Supermarket – with the name painted on the side of the tower.