1820s – Cornacassa House, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

0058

A dignified smaller classical house with a lower service wing. Described in Lewis as “Cornacassa, of Dacre Hamilton, Esq., pleasantly situated in a highly cultivated and well-planted demesne”. In the 1870s, the Hamiltons owned over 7,300 acres in Co. Monaghan. A large sale of the library contents was held in 1922. Demolished.