1891 – Railway Bridge, Westland Row, Dublin

0011

0001

When under construction the tracks on platforms 1 and 2 in the station had to be inclined to make the bridge. Originally Westland Row Station was a terminus but was altered to be a through station with the construction of the Loop Line. Although the railway company had powers to lower Westland Road by 18 inches, they didn’t do so for fear of litigation. The bridge was designed by an engineer, Mr. Grierson, of the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway.