1834 – Westland Row Station, Dublin
Westland Row Station opened on 17 December 1834 as the city terminus of the Dublin & Kingstown Railway, and the first ‘commuter’ line in the world. The front and offices were designed by William Dargan for £1,100, with the roof structure behind designed by John Bradley & Co., Engineers, of Stourbridge, Wiltshire. Extensively rebuilt for the opening of the City of Dublin Junction Railway, or Loop Line, in 1891. During this process, the station was converted into a through station, although it retained three terminus platforms.