1855 – Glenavon House, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone
Italianate country house designed for Thomas Adair. According to Alistair Rowan in The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster, it was either designed by Sir Charles Lanyon or by his principal clerk, Thomas Turner. Converted into a hotel, it was targeted by the IRA in a bomb attack in 1973. With extensions and rebuilding, the original form of the building is unrecognisable if it weren’t for the simple campanile.