1880 – Belfast Royal Academy, Cliftonville Rd., Belfast
A rather dour school building in a late Gothic style, finished in Scrabo stone. The Academy was founded in 1785 by Rev. Dr. James Crombie. Originally situated near St Anne’s Parish Church in what is now Academy Street, it moved to its current location on the Cliftonville Road in 1880 with the opening of this building. Published in The Builder, June 5 1880.