1889 – Presbyterian Church Buildings, Beverly Street, Belfast
Built for the Albert Street Presbyterian Church. “These buildings occupy a prominent site at the junction of Percy-street and Beverly street, having a frontage to the former of 52 ft., and to the latter of 90 ft. The ground floor comprises a small lecture hall library, class room, parlour, kitchen, and caretaker’s dwelling, and the first floor is occupied by a large hall 71 ft. by 88 ft., with commodious gallery at each end, all approached from the ground floor by two wide circular stairs. The walls are built of Scrabo stone from the Glebe Quarries, Co. Down.
The ventilation and the sanitary arrangements are of the most modern description. The buildings, which are almost completed, are being carried out in a very satisfactory manner by the contractor, Mr. R. Corry, Donegall Pass, from the plans and under the superintendence of the architects, Messrs. Young and Mackenzie, Belfast.”