1917 – Grand Central Cinema, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick W. Higginbotham

1539

Constructed as a cinema after the destruction of the area in the 1916 Easter Rising. A series of fires meant it was never a commercial success and was converted to a bank in the 1940s by Robinson & Keefe. The grandiose triumphal archway entrance had a glass and steel canopy over the pavement to shelter those queuing for entry.