1926 – Cenotaph, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: R.W.G. Heughan

0023

0023

Added to Victoria Park in 1926. The cenotaph replaced the fountain that honoured Nicholas Flood Davin, which had stood in Victoria Park since 1908. The result of an architectural competition – the winning architect was R.W.G. Heughan of Ross & Macdonald, Montreal, who designed the Cenotaph with the assistance of F.H. Portnall, a Regina-based architect. The Cenotaph is made from Stanstead grey granite. The inscription at the top reads: “To the Glory of God and the immortal memory of the citizens of Regina who gave their lives in the great war, 1914-1919.”