Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Manitoba

08 July 2010

1905 – Aldous Block, Donald St., Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole. The top two floors were added in 1909.

08 July 2010

1905 – Bell Block 370 Donald Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole. The top two floors were added in 1909.

27 April 2010

1905 – Carnefac Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Small warehouse building until recently in use as a French Bistro. The interior features a wooden post and beam construction and exposed brickwork.

04 July 2012

1905 – Empire Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Alexander & William Melville Originally conceived as the Cauchon Block, and then converted into an upmarket hotel in 1905 by architects Alexander & William Melville for the railway traveller. Ultimately the Empire...

22 April 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Pacific Station, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: E. & W.S. Maxwell This was the fourth depot built by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) from the construction of the main line through the Manitoba capital in the early 1880’s. Construction...

23 July 2012

1905 – Former Carnegie Library, William St., Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper The Carnegie Public Library was officially opened on October 11th, 1905 by Governor General Earl Grey and functioned as Winnipeg’s central library until the completion of the Centennial Library in...

14 April 2010

1905 – Hotel de Ville, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Home to the largest French speaking population outside of Quebec in Canada, St Boniface was formally amalgamated with Winnipeg in 1972. The town was established in 1818 by Fr....

21 April 2010

1905 – Manitoba Club, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: S. Frank Peters A fine large brick building designed to house a gentleman’s club in the early 20th century. The interior is opulent and well preserved. The site was chosen because at...

13 August 2010

1905 – Northern Bank, Winnipeg

Architect: George W. Northwood Established as Winnipeg’s Northern Bank in 1905 and merging with the exclusively Ontario-based Crown Bank of Canada in 1908 to form the Northern Crown Bank. Winnipeg remained the new...


Skip to toolbar