Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Manitoba

23 September 2012

1989 – 223 James Ave., Winnipeg

Reproduction of former Police Court building which stood on this site from 1886 to the mid 1980s.

07 May 2010

1989 – 400 St Mary, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Number Ten Architectural Group Modern large office block clad in a blue tinted glass and solid panel. In some light, the blue can be over-powering and at other times, the building can...

22 April 2010

1990 – 200 Graham Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Number Ten Architectural Group Mirror glass office building connected to the skywalk system on two sides, 200 Graham Avenue is a good example of a smaller office development in a hard commercially...

15 April 2010

1992 – Leo Mol Sculpture Gallery, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Stechesen Katz Architects Leo Mol (born Leonid Molodoshanin) was born in Ukraine in 1915, studied at the Leningrad Academy of Arts, and later continuing his studies in Berlin and The Hague. In...

23 April 2010

1992 – Provincial Remand Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Gaboury Préfontaine Perry Architects

24 July 2012

1993 – Oak Hammock Marsh Centre, Manitoba

Architect: Number Ten Architectural Group Before proceeding, environmental studies and monitoring programs were carried out to prevent or minimize disturbance to wildlife species. Construction on a new Conservation Centre began in 1991. Much...

30 July 2010

1994 – Proposed Lions Tribune Towers, Winnipeg

Architect: MMP Architects A proposed twin tower seniors apartment block intended for the former Winnipeg Tribune site on Graham at Smith. Cancelled before ground was broken. The site remains a surface parking lot.

15 April 2010

2000 – Alloway Reception Centre, Fort Whyte Alive, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Syverson Monteyne Architecture / Carl Nelson Jr. This facility establishes a gateway controlling access to the overall Fort Whyte Alive site and houses the Buffalo Stone Café, the Nature Shop, meeting rooms...

14 April 2010

2003 – I.H. Asper Clinical Research Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Very striking building on the hospital campus, facing across the river to downtown Winnipeg. Clad with coloured glass panels and with a conical glass feature, the building sits on a rough concrete plinth...


Skip to toolbar