Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Winnipeg

22 April 2010

1908 – Inglis Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: John D. Atchison / Herbert B. Rugh The North West Commercial Travellers’ Association Building or Inglis Building has it has reverted to, is an excellent example of Chicago Style with its ornate...

22 April 2010

1908 – Maltese Cross Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison This Edwardian building has characteristic red clay brick facades with dressed stone on the main floor. Details in the shape of the maltese cross are featured throughout. There is...

19 June 2012

1908 – St. Boniface Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Marchand & Haskell The fourth church or cathedral on this site was built in 1908 and destroyed by fire in 1968. The interior was lost and the two towers which flanked the...

22 April 2010

1909 – Canada Permanent Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison This red sandstone building was for many years the home of the Canada Permanent Trust Company. Built in 1909, the ground floor contained offices and banking facilities with additional...

14 July 2012

1909 – Child’s Building, Portage Avenue, Winnipeg

Architect: John H. G. Russell Previously known as the McArthur Building. Demolished in the early 1980s to make way for a skyscraper development.

21 July 2012

1909 – Devon Court Apartments, 376 Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison The Devon Court Apartments, 376 Broadway, demolished in 1981. Designed by prominent Winnipeg architect John D. Atchison.

14 April 2010

1909 – Ecole La Verendrye, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: J.B. Mitchell One of Winnipeg’s grand schools from the city’s boomtown era is La Verendrye School. Though residential and business areas quickly grew up around it, when it opened in 1909, La...

23 April 2010

1909 – International Order of Odd Fellows, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James Chisholm The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.) is a fraternal organization derived from English Odd Fellows orders of the mid-1700s. A fire in January 1946, gutted the interior of the...

29 June 2010

1909 – Keewayden Building (Jacob Crawley Building), Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Herbert E. Matthews

04 July 2012

1909 – Pavilion, Assiniboine Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison The tower housed a 16,000 gallon water tank that was visible throughout the park. Built at a cost of $19,000, the pavilion housed dining and dance halls featured loggias...