Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Winnipeg

14 April 2010

1958 – St George’s Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates Built between 1956-58 to to replace an earlier church of 1927, this modern building is constructed of the local Tyndall stone and brick. To the left of the...

11 January 2014

1958 – St. Paul’s College, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Gardiner, Gath & Associates / Green Blankstein Russell Associates St. Paul’s College was a Jesuit college, founded in 1926 by Jesuits and originally based in central Winnipeg. Designed by Vancouver practice Gardiner,...

30 July 2012

1959 – Executive House, Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg

Architect: Libling Michener & Associates Designed as n upmarket apartment block, Executive House was highly thought of at the time of completion and won a Massey Silver Medal for Architecture. The Massey Medals...

22 April 2010

1959 – Hydro Sub-Station No. 21, Edmonton Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Libling Michener & Associates Striking utility building from a time when public utilities still put an effort into their buildings. Winnipeg’s industrial parks have many such buildings with the concrete structure expressed...

01 January 2014

1959 – John A. Russell Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Smith Carter Katelnikoff Named after John A. Russell who taught at the University for 38 years and was named the first Dean of the Faculty of Architecture in 1964. Dean Russell died...

23 April 2010

1959 – Norquay Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates An elegant piece of late 60’s modernism, the Norquay building has an understated architectural quality. The compsoitions, scale, materials all contribute to a quality design that can easily...

23 April 2010

1959 – Stanley Knowles Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Moody & Moore Named after Winnipeg’s longest-serving MP Stanley Knowles who served 38 years in Ottawa. Built in two stages, the original designed by Moody and Moore was is the first two...

08 July 2010

1960 – 373 Broadway, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Waisman Ross Built as the IBM Building and now containing government offices, this is a sophisticated work with recessed ground floor and a pleasing proportions.

21 April 2010

1960 – 400 Colony Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Originally built by the Salvation Army, this building now forms part of the University of Winnipeg campus housing the Department of Theatre and Film.