Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Winnipeg

29 June 2010

1966 – St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates The present St. Nicholas Church was designed in the early nineteen sixties by the architectural firm of Green Blankstein Russell Associates. The structure is built almost entirely of...

25 August 2010

1967 – Manitoba Museum & Planetarium, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Associated Architects for the Manitoba Centennial Centre The Manitoba Centennial Centre was a project begun in the 1960s aimed at reinvigorating the downtown. It includes the Centennial Concert Hall, the Manitoba Museum,...

28 April 2010

1967 – Royal Bank Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Smith Carter Searle Associates Large office building above a podium storey. The rectangular grid of the prefabricated cladding is pleasing to the viewer, if stark. The ground floor which acts as a...

15 April 2010

1968 – Cathédrale de Saint-Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Étienne Gaboury These are the fourth and fifth churches built on this site since 1818. The fourth church or cathedral was built in 1908 and destroyed by fire in 1968. The interior...

14 April 2010

1968 – Église du Précieux-Sang, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Étienne Gaboury Perhaps local architect Étienne Gaboury’s best-known work, the Église du Précieux-Sang in St. Boniface was completed in 1967. Incorporating the reforms of the Second Vatican Council, the church was designed...

29 June 2010

1969 – Richardson Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Smith Carter & Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP At 124 metres and 34 floors, this is one of the tallest buildings in the city, and sited at the traditional heart of the...

21 January 2013

1969 – University Centre, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Number Ten Architectural Group University Centre is the activity hub of the Fort Garry campus. It is the location of the Book Store, the Students’ Union offices, major campus food services, and...

03 June 2012

1970 – Broadway United Church, Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: Moody Moore and Partners Constructed after the previous church on the site was destroyed in a fire. Designed to resemble the prow of a great ship, which is the Emblem of the...

12 August 2013

1970 – Centennial House, 310 Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: L. Harmatiuk Striking building with a dynamic facade of contrasts between the white concrete panels with their subtle angles and the vertical strips of windows.