Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Winnipeg

07 May 2010

1987 – One Canada Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Number Ten Architectural Group Unattractive office block that has dated poorly – the cladding colours being of their time.

22 April 2010

1988 – Royal Winnipeg Ballet, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Stechesen Katz In 1986, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet began construction of a new Company home. This unique facility, which includes 10 dance studios (including a performance studio), physiotherapy room, administrative and production...

29 June 2010

1989 – 201 Portage, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles Bentall Architects Large development on the corner of Portage and Main which attempts to address the city plan by facing down Main Street. At 32 stories, it is the largest in...

23 September 2012

1989 – 223 James Ave., Winnipeg

Reproduction of former Police Court building which stood on this site from 1886 to the mid 1980s.

07 May 2010

1989 – 400 St Mary, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Number Ten Architectural Group Modern large office block clad in a blue tinted glass and solid panel. In some light, the blue can be over-powering and at other times, the building can...

22 April 2010

1990 – 200 Graham Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Number Ten Architectural Group Mirror glass office building connected to the skywalk system on two sides, 200 Graham Avenue is a good example of a smaller office development in a hard commercially...

15 April 2010

1992 – Leo Mol Sculpture Gallery, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Stechesen Katz Architects Leo Mol (born Leonid Molodoshanin) was born in Ukraine in 1915, studied at the Leningrad Academy of Arts, and later continuing his studies in Berlin and The Hague. In...

23 April 2010

1992 – Provincial Remand Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Gaboury Préfontaine Perry Architects

30 July 2010

1994 – Proposed Lions Tribune Towers, Winnipeg

Architect: MMP Architects A proposed twin tower seniors apartment block intended for the former Winnipeg Tribune site on Graham at Smith. Cancelled before ground was broken. The site remains a surface parking lot.

Skip to toolbar