Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Ontario

25 January 2013

1905 – Public Library, St. Catharines, Ontario

St. Catharines established a free public library in 1888. The library board received a $25,000 gift from Andrew Carnegie in December 1901. Its new building opened to the public on 2 January 1905....

14 January 2014

1906 – Normal School, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Frank R. Heakes Almost identical to other Normal Schools constructed in Stratford, and North Bay, Ontario at the same time. The Normal Schools, renamed Teachers’ Colleges in 1953, were designed to train...

25 January 2011

1906 – Queen Victoria School, Hamilton, Ontario

Demolished in 2005.

01 October 2009

1907 – New Departmental & Justice Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Pearson

01 October 2009

1907 – New Departmental Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell

01 October 2009

1907 – New Justice Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell

24 January 2014

1907 – Terminal Station, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Charles Mills The Terminal building exterior was a mixture of masonry and terra cotta brick. The first story of the building was done in Indiana blue limestone. One feature that was originally...

25 January 2014

1908 – Central Presbyterian Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: John M. Lyle Constructed in 1908 after fire destroyed their previous building – John M. Lyle, the architect, was the son of the minister of the time. Lyle was responsible for Toronto’s...

11 December 2009

1908 – Union Building, 212 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Pearson This headquarters building was commissioned by the Canadian General Electric Company, which was founded in the late 19th century to manufacture and distribute electrical equipment during the period when...


Skip to toolbar