Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Quebec City

16 December 2009

1887 – Ministry of Finance, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Eugène-Etienne Tache Originally built as a courthouse, and was restored again from 1983 to 1987. Since then it has been Québec’s Ministry of Justice. The architect of the exterior was Eugène-Etienne Tache,...

30 September 2009

1891 – First Premiated Design, Quebec City Hall

Architect: E. Charest

17 December 2009

1893 – Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Bruce Price Designed by architect Bruce Price, the Château Frontenac was one of a long series of “château” style hotels built for the Canadian Pacific Railway company at the end of the...

17 December 2009

1896 – City Hall, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Georges-Émile Tanguay A statue of Cardinal Taschereau (1820-98) stands in the hotel forecourt, which once served as a marketplace. Taschereau, a former rector of Laval University, was the first Canadian to be...

17 December 2009

1902 – Old Fire Station, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Georges-Émile Tanguay In the early 20th Century, Firehouse #5 was designed by Georges-Émile Tanguay (who also built Québec’s City Hall) with a spectacular “Second Empire” façade, flanked by a high tower whose...

17 December 2009

1902 – Ursuline Chapel, Quebec City, Quebec

More celebrated for its interior than its relatively simple exterior. One of the most beautiful ensembles of sculpted wood that exists in the province of Québec is found at the Ursuline chapel. The...

30 September 2009

1904 – Fire Station, Quebec

Architect: Staveley & Staveley

17 December 2009

1910 – Notre-Dame-Du-Sacre-Couer Sanctuary, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: François-Xavier Berlinguet The construction of this shrine, which is located in Old Québec, began in 1909. On May 31, 1910 Monsignor Bégin, Archbishop of Québec, performed the official blessing of this new...

30 June 2010

1914 – Former Bank, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Victor Daniel Horsburgh Fine branch of Canadian Bank of Commerce with tastefully curving corner entrance at the corner of Paul and Pierre. No longer in use as a bank. Designed by Victor...

Skip to toolbar