Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of East England

27 November 2013

1238 – Peterborough Cathedral, Cambridgeshire

Rebuilt in its present form between 1118 and 1238. It became the Cathedral of the new Diocese of Peterborough in 1541 and it is now known as the Cathedral Church of St Peter,...

14 March 2010

1415 – St. Nicholas Chapel, King’s Lynn, Norfolk

The building shows the early development of the Perpendicular style, having been rebuilt c.1380-1415. The building is perfectly rectangular apart from the south porch, and largely built in brick rubble and rendered. Only...

04 September 2009

1558 – Kirtling Hall, Cambridgeshire

Architect: Francis Adams Kirtling Towers is all that now remains of the ancient Kirtling Hall, originally built about the reign of Henry VI but the main part of the building was pulled down...

10 August 2009

15thc. – St. Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich, Norfolk

The present St. Peter’s stands to the south of the provision market and was built in the mid 15th century. The dedication of the church is to St. Peter and St. Paul but...

11 March 2013

1805 – North Barningham Hall, Norfolk

Barningham Hall was built for Sir Edward Paston in 1612. It is said to have replaced an earlier hall, situated to the east between the present building and the lake. In 1805, the...

10 March 2013

1836 – Costessey Hall, Norfolk

Architect: J.C. Buckler Between 1826 to 1836, J. C. Buckler built a Gothic castle for Lord Stafford which was several times larger than the original Tudor hall nearby, with many towers and mock-Tudor...

09 March 2013

1851 – Bylaugh Hall, Norfolk

Architect: Banks & Barry Designed by the architects Charles Barry, Jr. and Robert Richardson Banks, with William Andrews Nesfield advising on the position of the house, and laying out the grounds and gardens....

25 February 2011

1860 – Drinking Fountain, St. Georges Colegate, Norwich, Norfolk

Architect: Benest & Newson Published in The Builder, December 1st 1860. “This fountain is executed in Portland Stone, except the basin, which is in veined marble, supported on an octagon pedestal, and lying...

02 August 2009

1860 – The Guildhall, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Architect: Peck & Stephens Selected design by Peck & Stephens, published in The Builder, January 14th 1860. The present Guildhall in Cambridge, was completed in 1939, after the designs of Charles Cowles-Voysey.

Pages:1234567...24Next »

Skip to toolbar