Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Essex

08 March 2010

1874 – Congregational Church & Schools, Woodford, Essex

Architect: Rowland Plumbe Woodford Congregational church was founded about 1790. Additions, including a new schoolroom, were made in 1861. The building was a rectangular stucco-faced building in the neo-classical style with a Corinthian...

20 May 2012

1874 – Labourers Cottages, Hatfield, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor From The Building News, October 23 1874: “We give this week plans and sketch of a pair of cottages, several of which have been built upon the estates of G....

24 June 2009

1874 – New Stables, Lampits, Essex

Architect: Edward Burgess Designed for A. Manser and published in The Building News, October 16th 1874. “We illustrate a range of stabling designed by Mr. Edward Burgess, architect, of Great James-street, for A....

26 January 2011

1875 – Proposed Belfrey & Spire, Christ Church, Lee, Essex

Architect: E. Francis Clarke Proposed Ring Stage Belfrey & Spire from The Building News, July 2nd 1875.

24 June 2009

1876 – Business Premises, High Street, Chelmsford, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor

14 July 2009

1876 – New Residence at Writtle, Chelmsford, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor

14 July 2009

1876 – Takeley Vicarage, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor

23 July 2009

1877 – All Saints Church, Inworth, Essex

Architect: Joseph Clarke Elevations, Plans & Details published in The Building News, February 23rd 1877.

03 October 2012

1879 – Round & Green’s Bank, Colchester, Essex

Architect: Ernest C. Lee A small independent banking house, in operation since the 1820s. In 1891, it (as Round, Green, Hoare, & Co.) merged with Gurney’s of Norwish, and was inturn taken over...

27 September 2009

1880 – Almshouses, Springfield, Essex

Architect: Joseph Clarke “These alms-houses have been erected by two ladies as a memorial, from the designs of Mr. Joseph Clarke, F.S.A. They are built of red brick, flint walls, and timbered gables,...