Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of East England

29 June 2009

1908 – Royal Masonic Institution, Boys New Schools, Bushey, Hertfordshire

Architect: Gordon & Gunton From 1798 charities were set up for clothing and educating sons of needy Freemasons. They originally provided education by sending them to schools near to their homes. A specific...

25 April 2012

1908 – St. Alban’s High School for Girls, Hertfordshire

Architect: Amian L. Champneys Selected design, showing elevations, section & plans, as published in The Building News, September 13th 1907. Built on part of the former grounds of Hall Place, a mid 15th...

24 June 2009

1908 – Thought Cot, Brentwood, Essex

Architect: J.E. Marten

24 June 2009

1910 – Farmhouse, Woodham Walter, Essex

Architect: Read & MacDonald

29 June 2009

1910 – House at Broxbourne, Hertfordshire

Architect: Geoffry Lucas

10 August 2009

1910 – New Rood Screen & Pulpit, St. Edmunds Church, Downham Market, Norfolk

Architect: Geoffrey Lucas

29 June 2009

1910 – Offices, Letchworth, Hertfordshire

Architect: R.F. Johnston

29 June 2009

1910 – Shops, Norton, Hertfordshire

Architect: Aylwin O. Cave

10 August 2009

1910 – St. Helens Church, Ranworth, Norfolk

Architect: Davidson & Macrae

05 June 2011

1919 – “The Stone & Faggot” Inn, Little Yeldham, Essex

Architect: Basil Oliver Closed as a public house, and converted into a private residence. In the village bakery in the 18th century, faggots of sticks were used to heat stones on which bread...