Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of East England

29 June 2009

1878 – All Saints Church, Hockerill, Hertfordshire

Architect: Joseph Clarke Published in The Building News, March 1st 1878.

22 June 2009

1878 – Cavendish College, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Architect: John Giles & Gough From The Building News, July 12 1878: “We illustrate this week Cavendish College, Cambridge, a new wing of which was opened on May 22nd by Dean Stanley. The...

26 June 2009

1878 – Entrance Lodge, Bramfield Hall, Suffolk

Architect: W. Pells & Son “The boundary walls and stone piers were erected as shown by our view last year, and the entrance lodge, of which we also give a plan, is about...

22 June 2009

1878 – House at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Architect: W.M. Fawcett Designed for Rev.G.E.Graves, perspective including ground & 1st floor plans published in The Building News, December 13th 1878. “At Cambridge several houses are being built at the backs of the...

10 August 2009

1878 – Municipal Buildings, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: John B. Pearce An architectural competition with many of the leading architects of the day shortlisted. John B. Pearce was the selected architect to design a new town hall for Great Yarmouth,...

22 June 2009

1878 – Proposed Memorial Cross, All Saints Church, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Architect: W.M. Fawcett Published in The Building News, September 6th 1878. “The cross, an illustration of which appears in our present number, is one which it is proposed to erect in the old...

12 June 2009

1878 – St. Francis Home, Shefford, Bedfordshire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Between 1868 and 1974 Shefford was the site of St Francis’ Boy’s Home (an orphanage) that was situated upon the High Street next to the Roman Catholic Church of St...

19 July 2012

1879 – Bank Premises, Sudbury, Suffolk

Architect: Brightwen Binyon New bank branch for Messrs. Alexander, Birbeck, Barclay & Buxton. Perspective including ground floor plans published in The Building News, August 8th 1879. “his building is now in course of...

02 July 2012

1879 – Gateway, Impington Hall, Cambridgeshire

Architect: Edwin Bays The building of Impington Hall was begun by John Pepys in 1579, and the Pepys family remained there until 1805. The Hall was not completed at the time of John...


Skip to toolbar