Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of London

04 September 2011

1866 – Whitehall Clubhouse, Parliament St., London

Architect:

04 September 2012

1867 – City Terminus Hotel, Cannon St., London

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry Cannon Street Station opened in 1866. In 1867 an Italianate style hotel and forecourt designed by E.M. Barry was added. This provided much of the station’s passenger facilities as...

11 February 2011

1867 – Design for National Gallery, Trafalgar Sq., London

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry In 1867 Edward Middleton Barry proposed to replace the National Gallery building by William Wilkins with a massive classical building with four domes. The scheme was a failure and...

31 March 2011

1867 – Design for Royal Courts of Justice, London by J.P. Seddon

Architect: J.P. Seddon Design submitted by J.P. Seddon, for the Royal Courts of Justice competition in London, which was won by George Edmund Street. Published in The Building News, July 12 1867.

31 March 2013

1867 – Design for Royal Courts of Justice, London by E.M. Barry

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry Design submitted by Edward Middleton Barry, for the Royal Courts of Justice competition in London, which was won by George Edmund Street. Published in The Building News, July 12...

31 March 2013

1867 – George Gilbert Scott’s Design for Royal Courts of Justice, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott One of the designs submitted for the Royal Courts of Justice competition in London, which was won by George Edmund Street. Published in The Building News, July 12 1867.

23 March 2013

1867 – Palmerston Buildings, Old Broad St and Bishopsgate, London

Architect: F. & H. Francis Palmerston House was named after the Third Viscount Palmerston. It stood at 51-55 Broad Street. It was occupied for some time by the Cunard Steam Shipping Company. Demolished...

31 March 2012

1867 – Proposed Schools & Almshouses, Walworth, London

Architect: James Cubitt From The Building News: “THESE buildings, of which we give an illustration elsewhere, are about to be erected near the Elephant and Castle Railway Station, for the congregation of the...

21 March 2013

1867 – St. George’s Church, Tupnell Park, Holloway, London

Architect: George Truefitt Constructed for The Free Church of England, later dissenters from Anglicanism. No longer in use as a church, but converted into a theatre. The illustrated tower and spire was never...


Skip to toolbar