Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of London

05 November 2010

1888 – The “Havelock Arms”, Grays Inn Road, London

Architect: Charles Young Front Perspective View as published in The Architect, March 16th 1888.

08 March 2010

1888 – The Admiralty Extension, Whitehall, London

Architect: Leeming & Leeming Designed by Leeming and Leeming of Halifax in 1888, and completed in 1905, the Admiralty building is a vast structure. It is the largest of the Admiralty Buildings and...

03 July 2012

1888 – The Equitable Assurance Company, Queen Street Place, London.

Architect: A.S. Glover New Offices For The British Equitable Assurance Company at Nos 1,2 & 3 Queen Street Place E.C. Published in The Building News, February 24th 1888. Demolished.

02 July 2012

1888 – The London Salvage Corps, Watling Street, London

Architect: Paul Waterhouse Perspective published in The Building New, May 25th 1888. The London Salvage Corps was maintained by the fire offices of London. The corps was first formed in 1865 and began...

22 July 2009

1888 – Welsh Presbyterian Chapel, Charing Cross Rd., London

Architect: James Cubitt

13 January 2011

1890 – Public Library & Reading Rooms, Kensal Town, London

Architect: Karslake & Mortimer Selected design for a Public Library & Reading Room. Elevations, sections & plans published in The Building News May 25th 1888. Now known as Queens Park Public Library.

10 August 2009

1891 – “Montrose”, Stanmore Park Estate, London

Architect: Goddard, Paget & Goddard

22 July 2009

1891 – Battersea Polytechnic Institute, London

Architect: E.W. Mountford The Battersea Polytechnic Institute was founded in 1891 and admitted its first students in 1894. Its aims were to provide greater access to further and higher education for some of...

22 July 2009

1891 – Battersea Town Hall, London

Architect: E.W. Mountford Battersea Town Hall designed by E.W.Mountford was converted to a community arts Centre (B.A.C.). Image published in The Building News, December 11th 1891.