Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of London

23 July 2009

1898 – New Premises, Drury Lane, London

Architect: W.H. Harrison

19 February 2014

1898 – Passmore Edwards Public Library, East Ham, London

Architect: Silvanus Trevail Known as the Plashet Library, and still in use today. Passmore Edwards contributed £4,000 towards the cost, the District Council finishing the work with another £1,500. The family of a...

14 February 2014

1898 – Public Baths, Romford, London

Architect: Harrington & Ley Harry Harrington and Algernon Sydney Richard Ley practised in partnership in London from 1896 to 1906. “This design was recently selected in competition for new baths by the urban...

27 July 2009

1898 – Royal Free Hospital, Grays Inn Road, London

Architect: W. Harvey

03 February 2014

1898 – Royal Music Hall, Holborn, London

Architect: Ernest Runtz Originally opened as Weston’s Music Hall on 16 November 1857 at 242-245 High Holborn. The theatre was renamed the Royal Music Hall in 1868, and then changed names again in...

21 September 2010

1898 – Small Country House, Whitton, London

Architect: Cobb & Bottrill “Tins is one of a number of houses which have been designed for the above estate, which was formerly the property of the Duke of Argyll, and where he...

10 August 2009

1898 – St Luke’s Church, Enfield, London

Architect: James Brooks & Son “The church of St. Luke’s, Enfield, consists of nave, south chancel, with Lady-chapel on the north and a chapel on the south side, from which the vestries are...

19 February 2010

1898 – St. Luke’s Church, West Hampstead, London

Architect: Basil Champneys “This church is being erected in Kiddespore-avenue. As the ground falls considerably towards the east, a large basement is formed beneath the chancel and part of the nave, to be...

27 July 2009

1898 – St. Marylebone Workhouse, Marylebone, London

Architect: Alfred Saxon Snell A major phase of new building took place in 1897-1901 at the St. Marylebone Workhouse. This comprised two five-storey blocks for aged and infirm males at the north fronting...


Skip to toolbar