Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of London

03 February 2014

1898 – T.H. Brooke Hitchings, 229-247 Regent St., London

Architect: G.D. Martin The block occupies the site of the former Hanover Chapel. Now known as Regent House, the central domed block, was designed by G D Martin for T H Brooke-Hitchings. The...

15 June 2010

1898 – The Croft, Blakesley Avenue, Ealing, London

Architect: Ernest R. Barrow “This house has been erected on a triangular piece of land in the Blakesley-avenuo, Ealing. The ground plan shows the accommodation on that floor. The first and attic floors...

27 January 2014

1898 – The Metropolitan Music Hall, Paddington, London

Architect: Frank Matcham “This well-known variety theatre has just been rebuilt. It occupies the site of the previous “Metropolitan,” which was erected in 1862 on the same parcel of land occupied by the...

27 January 2014

1898 – Wesleyan Church and School, Nunhead, London

Architect: Robert Clamp “This block of buildings has recently been erected in the Ivydale-road, Nunhead (a district known as Waverley Park), for the Methodist New Connexion. The site was given by the adjoining...

03 February 2014

1898 – West Ham Municipal Technical Institute, West Ham, London

Architect: Gibson & Russell The foundation stone of the West Ham Municipal Technical Institute was laid on 29th October, 1898 by the Mayor of West Ham, Alderman W Crow, J.P., and the opening...

12 April 2010

1899 – ‘Dixcot’, Tooting, London

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey Published in The Building News, December 29th 1899. Front & Rear Perspective View & Plans. Design for Dixcot for R. W. Essex, North Drive, Tooting Bec, London. A letter to...

27 July 2009

1899 – 77/78 Gracechurch Street, London

Architect: Howard Chatfield Clarke Now demolished. “This building, occupying an important frontage to Gracechurch-street, with return frontage to Ship Tavern-passage, has just been completed and occupied as offices. The site included the entrance...

28 July 2009

1899 – Hospital of S.S. John & Elizabeth, St. Johns Wood, London

Architect: Edward Goldie “This hospital, which was originally in Great Ormond-street, adjoining the Hospital for Sick Children, its premises there having been sold to the latter hospital, is now being rebuilt on a...

10 December 2009

1899 – Houses at Hampstead, London

Architect: W.F. Harber Designed by W.F. Harber, architect to the Belgravia Estate, and published in The Building News, March 17th 1899.